Medical Council of India(MCI) proposed a new proposal to extend MBBS course duration form five and half years to six and half years(6.5). MCI is planning to extend 1 year more the MBBS course. According to MCI new plan, after 5.5 years of MBBS course 1 year compulsory rural area posting.
This proposed plan will make sore to MBBS aspirants and medical students. Because MBBS is a graduation program. This course duration is already too long. and now planning to 1 more year to extend.
This question will arise in every student mind that MBBS is a graduation course or integrated post graduation course. Because normally graduation takes three or four years but MBBS will take 6.5 years to complete.
If you compare medical with engineering. In engineering four years for graduation(Btech) and two years for post graduation(Mtech) total six years to complete both. But in medical graduation(MBBS) will take six and half years and three years for post graduation(MS/MD) total nine and half years to complete both graduation and post graduation.
If this plan passes then number of medical aspirants will decrease surely. After 12th, less student will prefer medical or doctor as a career.
- IIM-Indore Proposed 5 Year Integrated Program After Class XII
- Top Coaching Institutes for Medical Entrance Exams
- Top Medical Entrance Exams in India 2012
- Best Coaching for IIT JEE Preparation in India
- IIM Udaipur
- Top Engineering Colleges in Delhi
- List of Top Medical Colleges in India
- Top 10 Law colleges in India
- List of MCA Colleges in Rajasthan for RMCAAT (RTU)