Fight the Cancer with Proper Diet
Here comes the post answering the questions about cancer cells, cancer patients, diet to protect cancer, diet during cancer treatment and diet for chemotherapy cancer patients.
As they say ‘Prevention is better than cure’. So, let’s pledge to take few modifications in our diet to get rid of cancer and live a free and healthy life always.
What are Cancer Cells???
Simply, Cancer cells are cells that grow and divide at an unregulated, quickened pace.
In a simple way to understand, every person has cancer cells in his body. Cancer is not detected till these cancer cells grow and multiply to a few billion.
If a person has a strong immune system, cancer cells will be destroyed and prevented from multiplying and forming tumors.
So, basically cancer is caused due to multiple nutritional deficiencies. They can be due to genetic, environmental, food and lifestyle factors.
Thus, to build a strong immune system one should consider changing some easy eating habits, diets and including some supplements.
What is Chemotherapy???
Chemotherapy involves poisoning the rapidly-growing cancer cells.
Also, radiations while destroying cancer cells also destroys rapidly-growing healthy cells in the bone marrow, gastro-intestinal tract etc, and can cause organ damage, like liver, kidneys, heart, lungs etc and burns, scars and damages healthy cells, tissues and organs.
Due to too much toxic burden from chemotherapy and radiations, immune system of the body is greatly affected.
So, it is very essential to strengthen immune system during chemotherapy.
The next session will be pretty much informative about the eating habits, changes in diet and some supplements that you can use to stay away from cancer as well as strongly sustain with chemotherapy.
Simple Diet Changes
The most powerful way to battle with cancer is to not feed the cancer cells in your body with the food they need to multiply and make them STARVE.
- Sugar is a cancer feeder. Cut-off the sugar usage and also avoid other substitutes like Nutrasweet, Sugarfree etc (They have harmful chemicals).
- Milk causes the production of mucus in body. Mucus also feeds cancer cells. So, avoid milk and substitute it with unsweetened soy milk.
- Cancer cells grows in acid environment. A meat based diet is acidic. Avoid it, you can go with fish and little chicken but a strong no to beef and pork.
- A diet made of 80% fresh vegetables and juice, whole grains, seeds, nuts and a little fruits help put the body into an alkaline environment. About 20% can be from cooked food including beans. So, include vegetables and fresh juices in your diet as much as possible.
- Fresh vegetable juices provide live enzymes which are absorbed to cellular levels within 15 minutes. These live enzymes nourish and enhance the growth of healthy cells.
- Avoid coffee, tea and chocolate having high caffeine. Best alternative is green tea and has cancer fighting properties.
- Drink purified or filtered water. Tap water contains some known toxins and heavy metals. Avoid distilled water as, it is acidic.
- As earlier said, meat is acidic diet and feeds cancer cells. Also, meat protein is difficult to digest and needs a lot of digestive enzymes. This leads to some undigested meat remaining in intestines resulting in more toxic build up.
- Some supplements build up the immune system (IP6, Flor-ssence, Essiac, anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals, EFAs etc.) to enable the body’s own killer cells to destroy cancer cells. Try to include them in your diet.
- Vitamin E also promotes the body’s normal method of disposing of damaged, unwanted, or unneeded cells.
- Cancer cells also starves in an oxygenated environment. Exercising daily, and deep breathing help to get more oxygen down to the cellular level. Oxygen therapy is another means employed to destroy cancer cells.
- Cancer is a disease of the mind, body, and spirit.
So, the most important tip is to have a proactive and positive spirit helping the cancer warrior be a survivor. Anger, unforgiving and bitterness put the body into a stressful and acidic environment.
Learn to have a loving and forgiving spirit.
Learn to relax and enjoy life.
I hope this post serves the purpose to all seeking advice about cancer prevention, cancer protection and diet during chemotherapy.